Innovations Health Systems, LLC is an evidence-based provider of unique healthcare services and advanced medical products that are designed to address systemic issues with the delivery of care.
As owner and operator of the Children’s Healthcare Organization of Northern California (CHONC), we provide long-term acute and subacute services to the most medically fragile children in California’s post-acute health care system.
We will accomplish our mission by carrying the most advanced products available, by adhering to the principles of evidence-based medicine, by providing our associates with world-class training and support, and by being vigilant in addressing the needs of our customer.
Our goals are to:
• Set the industry standard for the delivery of efficient, effective, and efficacious care.
• Build a culture of excellence through implementation of high standards for hiring, continual associate education, and providing our associates with immediate feedback on their technical and customer skills.
• Deliver products and programs that meet the evolving needs of our customer by gathering and acting on customer feedback in a systematic manner.
• Build a profitable and sustainable organization that represents the premium brand in the durable medical equipment industry.
The Innovations Health Mission
Mobility is the most basic of human needs, and an essential component of every human right. Innovations Health is committed to enabling those who live with disabilities with products and services that allow us to dramatically improve their quality of life while simultaneously reducing the systemic costs associated with their care.
Based in Roseville, California (20 miles northeast of Sacramento), Innovations was established with the express goal of creating a paradigm shift in the delivery of care for those with short and long term disabilities. Our objective is to realize the potential of the world’s most advanced technologies to improve the quality of life for our customers, while simultaneously reducing the systemic costs tied to the delivery of their care.
Ken McGuire is the President/CEO of Innovations Health Systems, a multi-service holding company of entities that address the needs of the communities in which they operate. Prior to co-founding IHS in 2012, Ken served as president and CEO of Rocklin-based Horizon West Healthcare, Inc., overseeing 27 healthcare facilities in California and Utah with more than 3,000 employees and $230 million in revenues. Prior to Horizon West, Ken served as national sales manager for what was then the fourth largest bank in America, capping a 15-year career in banking.
Ken has served on a number of for profit and non-profit boards, including current duties as board chair for Innovations Health Systems, Inc. and Reach Your Potential, LLC, a 501(c)3 supporting various children’s charities, as well as previous service as board chair for Child Advocates of Placer County (CASA). Ken’s company rebranded the Eppies Great Race into the Great American Triathlon to keep this Sacramento tradition alive.
Ken holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Managerial Economics as well as a Masters of Business Administration, both from the University of California at Davis, where he also served as an adjunct professor at the UC Davis Graduate School of Management, teaching courses in Corporate Turnarounds and Integrated Change Management.
Ken resides in Meadow Vista with his wife Julie. They have two grown children, Emily and Kenny, and recently welcomed their first grandchild.
Dan Niccum is responsible for charting the path of the products and services delivered by Innovations Health. Dan’s experience includes designing and manufacturing wearable robotics and rehabilitation systems, running physician and hospital communications for a Fortune 200 health plan, and as chief marketing officer for a large long-term care organization. Dan has a broad background in evidence-based medicine, and ensures that the products we provide are the most efficient, effective, and efficacious available anywhere.
Drisha Leggitt is the Vice President of Corporate Relations for Innovations Health Systems (IH). In this role, Ms. Leggitt is responsible for the corporation's marketing/communications, public affairs/government relations, media relations, business development, corporate citizenship, and other partnership/community/corporate relations for all aspects, products and divisions of IH. In addition to Ms. Leggitt’s companywide responsibilities, Ms. Leggitt is the development, research/efficacy testing, evidence-based outcomes, partnership and customer development, and government applications lead for IH’s flagship medical, physical therapy and gaming device, the Kinoped.
Ms. Leggitt is an internationally recognized business development, marketing and public relations professional who has led successful, award-winning, global and regional marketing, public relations/affairs, funds/investor relations, strategic planning, and execution for such corporations, governmental, and nonprofit organizations as: Hewlett-Packard Company, Agilent Technologies, TSI Semiconductors, LCS Technologies, Enosi Life Sciences, Anpac Bio-Medical Science Company, and Nicolas’ Garden and others. Among Ms. Leggitt’s professional results (to date) include:
– Raised over $100+ Million & 8+ Trillion Positive Media Impressions Worldwide (to date)
– Selected Inaugural 50, “Top Women in PR” Worldwide – PR News Journal/Magazine
– Named "Woman Who Means Business" – The Business Journal
– Named “Woman of the Year” – Leukemia & Lymphoma Society GSC
– Named “Honorary Survivor of the Year” – American Cancer Society
– Earned “Minority Health Firm of the Year” – United States Department of Commerce
– Earned International, “World Changing Idea” Award – Fast Company/INC. Magazine
– Earned International, “Big Innovation Award” – Business Intelligence Group
– Earned “Presidents Community Volunteer Award” – Presented by President George W. Bush &
Points of Light Foundation
– Named “Business Volunteer of the Year" – Arts & Business Council
– Named Inaugural "Influencer of the Year" – Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) CCC
– Named "Public Relations Professional of the Year" – Sacramento Public Relations Association
– Earned Two International "Gold Quill" Awards of Excellence — International Association of
Business Communicators (IABC)
– Earned Six International "Clarion" Communication Awards of Excellence — Association for
Women in Communications
– Earned Five National PRSA "Silver" & "Bronze Anvil" Awards – PRSA
– Earned “The “Corporate Citizenship Associate Award” — Council of State Governments
– Earned Inaugural, International “Excellence in Public Relations Award” — Rotary International
– Earned Two "Platinum PR" & One "Nonprofit Excellence" Awards – PR News Magazine
– Led/Earned Four "Guinness World Records" – Guinness Book of World Records
– Earned Over 200 PRSA "Influence", SPRA “Cappie” & IABC “Crystal” Awards of Excellence
Ms. Leggitt has a Master of Arts Degree in Human Resources and Organizational Development from the University of San Francisco; a Bachelor of Arts Degree from California State University, Chico in Communications; and received post-graduate certifications from the University of Indiana, University of California, Davis, and Boston College.